Intro to Mosaics Workshop
February 23 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm£50
One day workshop- introduction to mosaics
In this course we will make a mosaic suitable for indoors, sticking mosaic tiles right side up directly onto wood or another durable surface using strong PVA glue. When the tiles are all in place the mosaic is grouted and cleaned to finish. On this course you will learn the following steps:
• The direct method of mosaic making onto a durable surface.
• How to transform a design idea into a mosaic
• How to use mosaic tools
• How to cut and lay mosaic tiles
• How to apply basic techniques of andamento into your work.
• How to grout and finish your work.
This workshop is suitable for mosaic novices and for those who wish to extend their experience.
Maximum number of students per course- 6
You will have the opportunity during the day to chat about your future mosaic plans and projects and next steps in a relaxing atmosphere.